Farm Automation is a trending topic for agricultural need. It facilitates flexible output with help of mechanization. which help farmer easy to work the system. Agriculture automation system plays a vital role in the confraternity or civilization to solve the problems and agricultural production needs with techniques, innovations in traditional farming to optimize the food production process. Farm Automation pivot on some of the agriculture industries and their infrastructure. It encourages smart and advance techniques to improve the infrastructure, condition, fertility etc in agriculture. It addresses significant issues such as a rising global population, farm labour shortages, and changing consumer preferences.
The main components of Farm Automation are:
- Controller is the heart of farm automation which co-ordinates operation of the entire system. The controller is programmed to run various zones of an area for their required duration.
- Control valves are activated electrically, hydraulically or pneumatically and used to switch on or off water supply, filter flushing, mains and laterals, sequence water from one field or segment to another.
- A command can be transmitted to these hydraulic valves by means of control tubes and solenoid coil. These solenoid coils are mounted on the main line and connected to the valve by control tubing.
- Peristaltic pumps are ideal system for accurate pumping of fluids at low flow rates. These can be used for accurate dosing of chemicals as and when desired. The flow rate is directly proportional to rotor speed and thus dependent on motor drive voltage.
Some important features of Farm Automation are:
- IOT (Internet of things) enabled smart agriculture Farm Automation technology. which helps in monitoring crop field management and optimizing irrigation system.
- Monitoring of livestock & climate conditions.
- Farm Management Systems.
- Greenhouse automation.
- Management of crops.
- Improved data collection driving farming efficiency.
- Resource optimization.
- End-to-end production control.
- Reduced wastage and cost management.
- Control the flow of unwanted water coming to the field.
- Water conservation.
- Time management.
- Support agriculture implements (Robots, drone, sensor).
The focused intent of farm automation is to increase efficiency. Farm Automating processes authenticate high quality results as each task is performed identically, without human error. Manual tasks are boring and laborious. Automation allows our employees to work on more engaging activities, and thus increases satisfaction. The process of Farm Automation is designed to perform tasks with machines and robotics to get increased output and shorter production cycle. It improves accuracy resulting in higher levels of customer satisfaction and reduces rework. Farm Automation is beneficial in hazardous work environment with mechanization taking the responsibilities of human safety, lesser accidents no human damages and occupational hazards. Farm Automation is taking a step forward to the success, growth, farming tasks.